If your commercial or industrial flooring requires drainage from water, chemicals, oils, or any other liquid, proper floor sloping is a requirement. Improper drainage can lead to a build-up of bacteria, molds, fungus, and unsafe air quality. At Blair Duron, we have provided this service to many clients, and we deliver a very specific process to fix or repair sloping floors, which includes:
- Removal of and materials covering the concrete foundation, such as resinous surfaces and tiles.
- Grind or shot blast the concrete foundation to allow a strong adhesion with the new sloped surface.
- Set rails to allow for a 2% grade from the walls to the drains. This is a very important step. Less than 2% will generally allow for puddles and not deliver the commercial flooring solution you require.
- Prepare a slurry of cementitious and urethane materials and apply this to the entire area. The urethane will help speed up the curing process.
- Water test the entire surface to confirm liquids are draining properly.
Our floor sloping clients include:
- Food and Beverage production facilities
- Pharmaceutical plants and labs
- Commercial kitchens
- Wet wash down rooms